Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving in Berlin

Well I'm on my recent bount of insomnia, but hopefully that will remedy itself out soon. For about three days I wasn't going to bed before 5 and the past two or three have been nothing before 3. It's already 2:15 now and I'm wide awake and have to get up for class at 8. We'll see what happens.
But more importantly is that it is Thanksgiving and it's the first time I'll be away from home for the holiday. I'll miss mom's cooking, of course, but we're all attempting to make the most of it now. A nice chunk of our program is planning Thanksgiving dinner complete with turkey, sides, and hot cider. Yeah, basically we're awesome.
For some reason I suppose I like the idea of sadmasochism, knowing that I have to get sleep, I'm exhausted and yet I'm awake writing. I don't know what it is. Ok, well I will write more, I want to write more and yet I won't. Nothing coherent is coming out. Nothing makes sense.
Pictures of Thanksgiving to come if I don't put the procrastination off too much...considering there's still something I want to say about Vienna.

No comments: