Friday, August 21, 2009

Cover Letter to the "Onion"


Dear Mr. ----,
The accompanying résumé is in response to your listing in the NYU Film & Television Media Internship Office for production interns at The Onion News Network. As an upcoming senior I will be enrolling in the Educational Labor (a.k.a. Internship) Program and am eligible to receive academic credit for an internship.
I am particularly interested in the production internship, as I have focused my attention on production throughout my time at NYU. Since starting my education in film and television, I have crewed on more than fifteen productions. These projects range from student productions to professional film and television projects in a range of positions in both production and pre-production. My freelance work with web-based media and photography has also allowed me to develop a diverse group of clients in D.C., New York, and Berlin, Germany. Examples of my work can be seen here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jhsprojects/sets.
The Onion's expansion into web-media is particularly fascinating to me as I hope to continue a path in web-production - perhaps even beyond my already awesome production assistant coffee delivery skills.
I would greatly appreciate the ability to discuss how my experience can best meet the needs of the "America's Finest News Source." I will call your office on the morning of Monday, August 24th to inquire if there is a possibility to schedule a meeting.
Sincerely,
20-something, seeking internship

1 comment:

Rumpus said...

email me at mfrey@theonion.com. we still need interns for fall.