Thursday, October 30, 2008

Backpacking: Paris

Well, like always, a little bit of my writing about what has already happened. In reality I'm in Vienna right now, but what about Paris?
I mean, I guess I should write something about it. Paris was beautiful. Unfortunately I can't upload pictures right now, but soon I will. The city is basically overloading with beautiful architecture, which I love looking at. I get the feeling that it could take me a life time with a camera just to even understand some the architecture of Paris. That being said I wish I did drugs because I think the Palais Garnier (Paris Opera House) would have been even crazier if I were tripping balls.
Arrival in Paris was unique as I've said, but what I may not have said. I think that I trekked around Paris for nearly 10 hours that day considering I came in before the sun rose. Maybe a few hours more. I sat a little, maybe an hour and a half tops between coffee and two small meals. It's not really a bad thing when you think about it, until you factor in the 22-pound backpack I lugged around all day. In short as far as my trekking goes, I watched a beautiful sunrise over the Palais Garnier and the Seine, was scammed at the Eiffel Tower (but whatever). It pales in comparison to the rest of my stay.
Ok...I will write more in a bit, but paying for internet with two minutes left means I better make sure I log out of everything. bis später.

No comments: