Sunday, August 31, 2008

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia International Airport


For those of you who haven't had the luxury of flying next to me on an airplane should count your blessings.  If you want the poster child of flying phobia, look no further than me.  I flew out of Westchester County Airport to start my journey of layovers.  Germany is really just a point to get to, not the wonderful journey it takes getting there.  I keep hoping with every bit of turbulence that I would just fall asleep so as not to feel the inevitable crash.  Optimistic, I know.  But give me a break, it was one of those circa 1970s shuttle aircrafts.  I think I've been in Coach Buses seating more than this plane.  There were those wonderful exposed propellers on both sides of the plane that every time we hit turbulence, I made sure both of the propellers were still spinning.  Add in the incredible noise factor, the slower climb...I hate it all.
Oh and the sun hits you when you hit Philly, but I think that's anywhere considering we landed close to sundown.  It's enough to make your retinas burn.  Lovely.
But the internal screaming as I thought about my plunge to my death made me think of the following.  So here's part of my will:
Movies: Mallory
Still Cameras: Mo
Video Camera: Johnny
Music and Theatre Stuff: Val
Misc. Electronics: Joe
If you were left out, don't feel bad.  You can run into the very tin
y money pile and grab.  There's not much so you smart ones will just pull the cars up to the house and run in and out grabbing stuff.
And upon hearing news that I may not spontaneously combust once I reach Germany, Noga wished me a good trip overseas.  And in loving return of promotion and affection, I need to address Noga's blog, The Steak Diaries.  Hopefully, I no longer have to worry about the posibility of Noga finding me and slitting my throat as I sleep for starting to write.  It was her fault I started writing this blog up anyway and I'm sure she knows it's true.  So SUCK IT, Noga.
So here's to the next hour or so, my "median" time, if you will as I wait for my flight that will take me on my next wonderful layover point: London, England where I will stay for another four hours or so.
Ah, a picture...let's see...how's this?


1 comment:

Noga said...

the people demand more blogging.