Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Starting the much procrastinated blog...

So after the several weeks of trying to find a name for my blog, this seems to be the one that suitably fits.  “An Attempt of Motivation.”  Yup, that’s it.  Will the blog be cluttered with spelling mistakes and grammatical errors?  You bet your ass it will.  Will I make the attempt to correct any of them?  If I ever go back and read any of them, I’ll consider it.

Regardless, “An Attempt of Motivation” seems oddly fitting to what I’m trying to do.  I haven’t written or even attempted to write in a long time.  I’ve procrastinated until I’ve been blue in the face.  I can blame my lack seemingly busy schedule with work and production, but when I get right down to it, I suppose there wasn’t a lot of production and work for the most part is slow.  But there really is no motivation to do a lot when I get right down to it.

Despite the rather pessimistic view of things, the summers for me at least are filled with nothing but disorganized stress.  Panic attacks have lingered in my system for nearly three months now and the source and reasons seem completely unbeknownst to me.  Perhaps it’s the near four hours spent commuting everyday that get to me.  I doubt it though.

Perhaps this is my real attempt of motivation.  There are quirks that I think that I have, stories that I think are worth telling and though I highly doubt many will real this blog, it’s at least a place to drop my anecdotes.  I’ll attempt to censor the names of friends and/or colleagues.  I wouldn’t want too much of this to bite me in the ass.  There may be stories I’m not proud of and so on, but in my mind there may some sort of audience.

For the few paragraphs I’ve already started, I’m sure the reader is already bored.

            “What the hell did I get myself into?” the reader asks.

Give me a chance.  Besides, I bet you’re not doing anything at your desk right now anyway.  Ignore that pop-up about the pink iPhone because it’s a scam.  No, there are no local singles in the area waiting to meet you.  Sorry.

I’m starting backwards in many ways.  Old stories, old thoughts.  Doesn’t really matter though, does it?

 

No comments: