Sunday, August 17, 2008

On the Road


So basically everything I said about keeping this updated has been a lie.  But I've been on the road.  Is that a good enough excuse?  I've got posts that I plan on posting here soon - they've been written on a Word document.  A little bit of a lie as far as blogging goes, but I'm trying.
So here I am at Cedar City, Utah.  Vegas was the first stop on the trip and we stayed in a gorgeous suite that was upgraded to us when our original rooms were taken up.  No loss there, right?  Anyway, we've hit up the National Park route and 
walked a bit of Zion.  A few personal bests there, but I'll write on that later.

Here's today.  We left Kanab, Utah.  On the way out of Kanab, we saw an archaeological dig uncovering a home of an approximately 1000 year old Native American home.  The diggers could only collect information and report back.  We were told that the entire site would eventually be covered up again in order to make room f
or the expansion in the road.  Pretty sad when you think about it...and the fact that there is absolutely no traffic on the rather wide road already.

It's a little pathetic how much I want to write, but really can't will myself to do so.  So how about something short sweet and to the point.  There's a picture of the dig.  Here's another one.
I think the real goal should be that I try and post at least one or two decent pictures a week.  Wouldn't that make for a better blog.  I don't know if these two count.  That's basically touristy crap, right?  I guess they all will be...at least Flickr allows me the excuse of pretending to be artsy so here are the latest Flickr updates:


No comments: